Wednesday, May 25, 2011

18 month check up!


I'm am such a proud momma!

we went in to have Leah's 18 month check up and she is doing great! Dr. M was really impressed! Her and I talked for a bit and Leah just was talking away so Dr. M said she clearly knows more than 10 words which is what the typical 18 month old knows. She then asked me if Leah understands me if I were to ask her to stick out her tongue, in which Leah stuck her tongue out at the DR. Dr. M then just starting asking her the questions! She asked her "Can you try to jump"? And Leah did! Then dr. M and I started talking about Jon and Leah preceded to sing Twinkle twinkle, dr. m said "o.k that is great"! So as we were wrapping up I asked Leah to get her coat and put it on and she did (she can't really get it on by her self but she tries) and dr. M said that is something that usually comes around 2.5 yrs old too! SO she said all in all LEah is at a 24 month vocabulary and about a 36 month fine motor skills! Not to shabby for a kiddo born 5 weeks early:-) We still said no to shots and will continue to say no. She is officially a wee bitty thing weighing in at 21 bls and in the 60th percentile for height at 32 inches! I am so proud of her and Jon I guess it just what I am good at, birthing beautiful smart kids!

No comments: