Monday, March 31, 2008

Keep eating big guy!

O.k where do I start. Jonathan is no longer on oxygen except for feedings but even then he is sometimes not on that, so to say the least he is doing great! He is gaining weight 8lbs 8ozs (he's a chunk) he is still on diuretics for his blood pressures but his bp's are great! So the "only thing" we are waiting for is him to eat from all bottles and then we can go home!!!! I just said go home I never thought I would be able to say that it feels wonderful, this experience is something I never want to do again to say the least, our little boy is a miracle indeed and I thank GOD everyday for him. Parents often take their kids for granted but instead you should kiss your child and thank GOD their healthy full term kids our road doesn't stop when we get home either. For the next year and a half we have to be hermits from Sept thru April, we can't use baby powder, vicks vapor rub, we have to even be careful of the stuff we clean house with anything that could be harmful to his lungs! We have become the biggest germaphobs washing our hands after everything I even limit myself to petting the dogs because I know when I'm done I have to wash my hands we are going to buy surgical face mask for the just in case I might be coming down with something so Jonathan doesn't get it! I am just really happy we got through our first winter yes it was in the hospital but it make a huge difference coming home during spring than the winter! Well just keep us in your prayers for a continued success at bottle and breast feedings so WE CAN GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: