Saturday, May 10, 2008

I AM SO FRUSTERATED!!!!!

Well after keeping Jonathan in a "bubble" he still managed to get his very first cold! I knew something was up he kept wheezing so we went to the doctors Thursday last week and sure enough the doc said this might be his first little cold, err how could this happen everyone washes their hands nobody is over to visit, except the visiting nurse, physical therapist and the hundreds of doctor appts we go to!! It got so bad that by Monday I was in tears, my baby was coughing so much he didn't pee for 12 hours so off to the docs we went. The doc said we needed to go back to the hospital (NO WAY)!!!!! So Monday we were in the hospital and of course his nurses from the NI came to see him. I tell you I felt a bit like a failure we were only home for 2 weeks my poor baby! Well they were going to start an i.v to put fluids in him but he heard that and started eating on his own! They had to take blood from his heal of so many bad memories, well after 2 failed attempts they took blood from his arm TWICE he is so much stronger than his mommy, he didn't even cry! The docs thought he might need oxygen but he is a trooper and breathed on his own. Well by Tuesday morning he was eating but still had/has a terrible cough so they sent us home! He still has a really nasty cough sometimes so bad I get a bit nervous so they said we get to just wait it out, oh I hope it gets better soon! He is now 9lbs 11ozs. Tomorrow is my very first mothers day, oh yea Jonathan got me a dozen roses man he's amazing!!!

No comments: