Sunday, January 4, 2009

Amazing!







It has been forever since I have posted. First off I had the worst cold I have ever had actually it was the flu and I just prayed day and night Jonathan would not get it! He didn't and is doing pretty good health wise.

About 3 weeks ago I finally got to met up with another preemie mom (Jaimie)that I met on a micro preemie group, we have talked on the phone many times so it was nice to finally meet. She has three beautiful kiddos, 26 weekers and her son is also Johnathan! She is really great and very informative her kids are about 4 months older than Jonathan so she gives me a few tips, thanks Jaimie!

Christmas was the best we actually ventured out to my grandmas and my aunt, uncle and her two grown kids and my parents were there and it was great. Jonathan is so awesome to go out with he is always smiling unless he is uncomfortable or tired! Now don't get me wrong I was very sceptable about going out because of RSV but everyone was well. Jonathan fell asleep before we got to open presents and then Christmas day was at our house with both our parents and siblings which also was awesome. My mother in law was just amazed at how Jonathan is progressing, like all of us! Jonathan is one spoiled boy getting everything a little boy wants! We got him a huge dog from F.A.O SCHWARZ he loves it especially if he only has his diaper on since it is so soft. New years eve was spent at a hotel, we were very nervous about this since the last time we did this he cried non stop from 11pm till 7am but again it was great we all fell asleep before midnight but Jonathan enjoyed the pool and he had so much fun and thats all that mattered!

Therapy is going how should I say this phenomenal. Jonathan is lifting his head about 70% of the time when we are holding him he is usually holding it up to look around so I know with continued prayer and therapy he will be doing this 100% of the time! Jonathan is standing and putting all weight on his legs when we hold him up and he keeps his head up but his trunk is still loosey goosey so we are going to work harder on that. He tolerates his belly and will look up if he has something under his arms (boppy. He is still getting fed through his NG but is drinking from his bottles too. He still is not tolerating big amounts of food but we have discovered he has high taste buds meaning he loves garlic and lemons! He continues to love water therapy, his favorite! He is using both hands and kicking like crazy he has learned to kick his socks off, he thinks its funny. We are going to Ohio to a feeding clinic and this will put some insight to what we should do to tell you the truth I am o.k with a G tube placement because this Ng makes me cry every time I have to put it in! The G tube will only be temp. until he can eat enough to gain weight. Today we went to get his synergis (sp?) shot to help prevent RSV and they weighed him, he is a whooping 15lbs 7ozs isn't that cool? I am so excited and actually today I woke up to find him smiling and holding his tube in his hand, I was really hoping it was a sign that he wanted to eat more and get rid of that tube for good well that lasted about an hour. Oh well he is a happy,smiling boy and its great, life is great and God is good! Love you all!

1 comment:

The Buckley Family said...

Oh my gosh! Jonathan looks SO great!! And his weight, awesome!! That dog is super cute that you got him too. Glad to hear that you're feeling better and all is well.