Wednesday, August 18, 2010

West Virginia 2010

What a blast this vacation was! Its was hot very hot but we all had so much fun well maybe not the whole time!
So we left wednesday and spent the night in Ohio we arrived at our cabin early thursday. We checked out our surronding tried to organize our days and what we were going to do beside white water raft! We did some sightseeing thursday and just relaxed and that night we enjoyed a fire while sitting in the hot tub that was on the deck looking into the woods a bit freaky but it was relaxing which was much needed even the kids slept good that night! Friday Justin and I went rafting while my parents took the kids for a hike and lunch. Rafting was so much fun this was my 6th time rafting and Justins 1st so it just happened to be that we were both the captains of our raft which is really funny because we are both seriously competitve so when the guide said forward it was like a race to see which one of us could get our side going faster! The guide cracked me up both of us liked him and we will definitly request him again. So in all my rafting I have NEVER fell in well of course we being miss big shot was telling justin we are coming up to the first rapids and boom I fell in! I don't think I have ever seen the look he had on his face before it was the look that he just lost me forever, it was nice! But after I got back in he never let me live it down. So there was afew spots the guide let us jump in and float on our backs though class 1 rapids (very mild) and it was fun until he warned us about the copperhead and rattle snakes that like to swim across the river thats all it took I no longer went into the water! So the guide said this was the last of teh rapids we could get out and swim if we wanted, nope nadda not me! So it was little ol me by myself in the raft all the rest of the folks even the guide went in until he came up behind me and pulled me in and Justin was in on it!!!! Oh well it was all in good fun. So we got back to camp and I ran up to teh kids and the look on my parents face told the whole story, I said was she hard to deal with and both together said"yea" my dad went on to say not for a little longer will we watch her she has lungs and she knows how to use them! What I forgot to mention is Leah is really starting to be clingy to me and only me its pretty much mama ALL. THE. TIME! So after kissing on teh kids we went for a hike! It was a great hike 3 miles long and it was pretty strenuos up the mountain to the most beautiful ridge looking over the river we rafted and the famous arched bridge! Now that night we needed teh hot tub because we were sore! Saturday the boys (justin and dad) went zip lining it looked fun but its drop off was really high and you got up to 50 to 60 mph and that scared me a bit! They had fun and thats all that mattered, there were some awesome ATV trails which we are hoping to take our new rzr out to next year! Then we did some hiking along the river and let Leah play in it, Jon wasn't havening it he just wanted to "walk" we went back to the cabin and yes went in the hot tub again. Sunday we left, it was so much fun and can't wait for next year! Our summers go by way to fast we stay so busy and fall is just around the corner here in Michigan! We are hoping to do one more small vacation before hibernation, we are hoping to go to Kalahari resort and then it will be time for halloweekends at ceder point!

No comments: