Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!



So much has happened and actually I am overwhelmingly tired to say the least!
I'll start out with Jonathan had his first studio pictures done the middle of August and he pretty much cried through the whole thing, however we got some pretty good shots! Next we went to his ped because of all the crying lately and found out he had an ear infection to which the doctor put him on amoxicillin. We went for his nine month well visit and even though he is gaining weight slowly he is gaining, 13lbs 1.5oz. Everything else turned out o.k I talked to him about his constant crying and he wasn't concerned (lucky for him to say he isn't dealing with it)! So that was on a Thursday (22nd)and the doc sayed stop his antibiotic on sat. which would only have been 7 days, whatever I stopped him on Monday so he had nine days worth. Now I am not in the least exaggerating when I say Jonathan screamed all day Tuesday, on Wednesday (still crying) I took him back to his peds. office where of course he is a happy little boy, again I explained how I have been up with him for 36 hours crying, I've had to pull over to get him out of his carseat because he was turning himself blue! The doc looks at is ear and said its still a little red, to where I immediately said your the one that wanted him of his antibiotic sat. and in turn I kept him on it till monday!!!!!!!! So the doc said he wants him to go on augmetin it's stronger and it will clear it up. So I started him on that Wednesday night, he slept a little better but Thursday was in misery again, another whole day of crying! Friday we went to p.t where Bruce could do very little with him since he was so tense. Well on top of all this we have been living with my in laws which are great people but since our house is getting a complete makeover we can't stay there but its nice to have those extra hands! So Saturday was just another day of pain (I took him off of the augmetin Friday around 2pm) for our little guy, what is going on he just cries and cries and now its been 2 days of not eating much so of course I call the ped. office where they want us to come in at 1:30, this time I am taking my mother in law she has seen whats been going on and she is not shy so she will tell them I'm not a loony mom that is going crazy! So we seen a new ped. because our doc wasn't in and to our surprise he tell us augmentin is very hard on babies stomachs errrr, why the heck would he put him on it! So this doc looked at his ears and they looked fine but he did lose weight he is now 12lbs 14ozs so he wants us to see our regular doc this Tuesday, tomorrow. He really is doing better not crying as much but we also changed his formula, everyone told us its probably not that but he just went on formula 2 months ago up until that he was exclusively on breast milk! So we went to a sensitive and even though he cries less he still isn't up to par on his feeding, only getting about 17 to 19ozs a day.



Well on a good note Jonathan's hearing seems to be improving he looks when people are talking to him, but only sometimes but at least we see an improvement. We are going to celebrate Jonathan's 1st birthday on the 13th of Sept. since were getting close to rsv season. I am still very concerned about his head control, he is still not lifting it, we are getting the helmet on the 11th of Sept. so maybe that will help! Well I must tend to my crying prince! Any suggestion would be great!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Jonathon looks adorable in his photos!! Liam still isn't doing so great w/head control too. He is getting stronger with it but still is behind! I upped PT to 2x week this week becaus4e of it. I hope you guys figure out why he's been such a cranky pants! That has to be so stressful! (((Big Hugs)))

Jennifer said...

Hey Laura- I looked for your email and couldn't find it. How did the helmet fitting go? You'll hafta post some pics of him in it. What made them decide he needed it now?

Anonymous said...

My name is Cindy Floyd and i would like to show you my personal experience with Augmentin.

I suffered from Pseudofolliculitis behind my head for years and by chance I got Augmentin from Libya without any prescription. In Europe all the doctors that I consulted could not find solution for this problem so one day I just worked into a pharmacy in Libya and showed it to the Doctor in charge of the pharmacy who adviced me to take Augmentin. I was a bit hesitant but before my returning date (after 5 days) I noticed that all the bumps are drying. and now I'm very proud of my head.

Side Effects :
None…Miracle drug…

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Cindy Floyd


Augmentin Side Effects