Sunday, September 28, 2008

Were home and thriving!

Jonathan is on donor milk and its a true GOD send because he has taking off again. He is drinking about 17 ozs and eating about 3 ozs, he is getting close to that year old mark so his weight is slowing gaining, he is 12lbs 12ozs sad since he weighed more than that a month ago oh well he is gaining, happy and back to our fisty little man! We switched pediatrician and Justin and I are so happy we did she is great, (Thanks Jamie for the referal) she said Jonathan looks to be doing good and if losing a little weight is all he really has gone through for being a 25 weeker weeker we should feel blessed (since I am a fanatic about his weight its hard to see him lose any of it but I am also glad he is not losing anymore). He is going to be getting weighed every week for awhile just to make sure he continues to gain, he will be getting the flu shot and possible our first synergis(sp?) shot this friday man I hate that summer is gone I will especially miss going to church! Jonathan is back to wearing his helmet his poor head sweats so bad I mean when we take it off there is sweat all over. He is bringing his hands to his mouth and he is batting at things, I love it just to see your baby grow up in front of you is so amazing! Still no head control, we seen a early on p.t and she thinks once we get the back muscles stronger everything will fall into place. He doesn't mind to much being on his tummy where before he hated it and I can tell he wants to lift his head to look around when we're holding him but when it gets up it flings back and he really can't get it back up without help. The physical theripist ask which hand he uses more of and it was clearly his right when he came home now it seems like the left, he is always proving me wrong. When we went for the eval. he was on his best behavior laid on his belly looked to the left, sat in my lap his head against my chest looking straight ahead, using both hands however the left one stayed clinched a bit more they didn't even know till I told them he had torticollis, he can be a stinker! TOday little man has had lots of gas and cried and cried he hasn't pooed in 3 days which I think is unusual since he is on breast milk, well I will call the peds. office tomorrow afternoon if nothing shows up tonight but I hope for his sake it comes out cause that has to be painful my baby sure needs a break, maybe a vacation to florida this spring? As soon as I find my camera I will post birthday and helmet pictures!

1 comment:

The Buckley Family said...

Yeah - I'm happy to hear that things are going better again! Awesome about the synagis and flu shot too! His head will be sweaty and stinky from the helmet but it is so worth it! Did you ask Dr. M about Mylicon for his tummy problems?

Can't wait to see some pics!