Thursday, October 2, 2008

A need to vent!






So we had our appt. with the G.I doc and I was sure Jonathan was 13 lbs, wrong he was only 12lbs 13ozs only up 1 oz in a week, HOW? he is at 17 ozs a day breastmilk and its fortified to 26 cal/oz, eating about 2 oz of solids he was gaining fine and I just couldn't produce anymore so I had to switch to formula, I am blaming myself if I would of just taking the prescription, if I would of just pumped more but he is back on donor breastmilk but its like he is not absorbing it. He is happy as can be its not a struggle even to get him to eat, he is on a nice schedule at night which he never was on. He is now grabbing for his spoon which made me cry cause I see him developing he is trying to get it to his mouth but overachieving and getting his cheek instead but he wasn't doing that even a week ago! So at the appt. the GI doc looked at him and said Jonathan has a flat head and his eyes appear large, what is that supposed to mean he looks fine to me, then looked at his hand and said I am going to get my geneticist (sp?) to take a look at him. O.K I went alone to this appt. and by now I am scared to death what is wrong with my baby?! The other doc. came in I didn't even want to put Jonathan down, I didn't need this guy to tell me anything, this is my baby and he looks fine is what I wanted to scream but instead I put him down and the doc looked at Jonathans hand and said I concur I believe they should come in and make an appt. with me. What are they looking for on his palm are they witchcraft doctors what the heck do you see when you look at my sons hands and his response was there are many syndromes out there and thats what might be contributing to his weight issue, DO YOU NOT GET IT MY SON WAS FINE HE WAS UP TO 13lbs A MONTH AGO AND I HAD TO SWITCH HIM BECAUSE I WASN'T PRODUCING ENOUGH!! So I am now stressed I have been looking at my son and he is the most beautiful baby in this world I love him more and more each day, he amazes me, hes a miracle, he is GODs gift to my husband and I when doctors told me I could never have children!!!!!! I did not make an appt. with that doc. I do however have an appt. with Jonathans ped and will talk to her I am so upset I can't quit crying of course I will love him no matter what but thats not what I expected today not at all!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How are things going?? Is Jonathon still happy with his breast milk? His b-day is coming up soon. I can't believe it has been a year. I think the year has gone by so fast!