Saturday, November 22, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday!!!







Wow I can't believe it, Jonathan is one!! It feels like yesterday I gave birth to two beautiful boys, I can remember everything and the doctors told me I wouldn't remember the day yea right! I remember it was thanksgiving day all was quite in the hospital where I was the last 3 weeks 2days. My family was on their way up and the nurses put a room across from mine together so we all could go in there and have a nice dinner the nurse wanted to check the boys so I would have no disturbances while my family was there. As Rita was checking the heart rates Jonathans bpm were high, she said not to worry but they wanted to start an i.v just in case, I called Justin crying knowing it was far to soon to have these babies. THey checked my temp. and I was fine then they transferred my to labor and delivery so I could be watched more closely, then all of a sudden I felt this urge to push there was so much pressure, I knew I was going to deliver my o.b came in and she checked position and Jonathan was breech she tried to manipulate him but it wasn't going to happen the nurses again checked my temp. and after only 25 minutes I was at about 101 they had to get the boys because of the risk to me of getting an infection. They wheeled me to the room and thats where it all started I cried the whole time I heard Prestons weak cry and then nothing came from Jonathan they let me peek at Preston but whisked Jonathan away, it felt like a dream and I wanted to wake up! I went downstairs to the n.i.c.u where Preston was in critical condition I held him I cried they took him off the ventilator and then justin held him and he opened his little eyes at us as if he was telling us he was going to be o.k he was going home in heaven to be with his father, I took him back and thats when he passed away, those short hours are still with me and I cherish them. The nurses let us take Preston in Jonathans room where they took Jonathan out of his isollette and I held both of them side by side it wasn't suppose to happen that way but again I am so happy they let us hold them together!
As for little big man Jonathan that was the day our lives became a roller coaster the motto: one step forward two steps back became the saying for 21 long weeks! He struggled but he was a fighter and let everyone know it and that things were going to be his way (that hasn't changed!) or no way! After the 21 weeks he was home.




Jonathan,
We love you! You have had a great struggle and you may have some long term struggles but know that you have two loving parents that will do anything for you we will fight for you, we will hold you, we will cry with you and we will love you unconditionally you are the world to us! you have come a long way from 1lb 12ozs to 13lbs 6ozs you have amazed everyone, you are very strong. You have a smile that can make anybodies day turn around. You have had a struggle with weight the last 3 months but if I could feed you cupcakes all day you would surely be fine. You have no teeth yet but I think singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" will surely speed up the process. You have very fine sandy blonde hair and you have beautiful brownish eyes, I say brownish because they look a little hazel some days. And last but surely not the least there is a plan for you nobody knows what it is, nobody can tell us what it is but we can continue to pray for the guidance GOD shows us so you may live out his plan that he has prepared just for YOU!. Mommy and Daddy love you with all our hearts now and forever! Our new motto is: OUR BEST DAYS OUR AHEAD of US!!

MOM and DAD

No comments: