Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pizza Crust

Jonathan is now 13lbs 5ozs he is doing great getting the calories however he HATES his ng tube he knows how to make himself throw-up, gag and just plain fuss whenever he doesn't get his way! He has actually gotten so good at making himself throw-up (which doesn't help in his weight) that today when he threw-up he blew out his nose so hard that the ng tube came out!! This is very frustrating because I do not like putting it back in so he won because I waited till tonight when he was sleeping only for him to awake screaming (who would blame him) to put it back in and to tell the truth he did pretty good getting all milk through his bottle but he was down about 3 ounces so yes its a lot but considering he is eating anywhere from 800 to 865ccs a day that was pretty good, we have gradually introduced cereal again and he ate it just fine and his sweet potatoes he only ate about 2 bites but thats o.k but he LOVES pizza crust he will suck on it and gum it forever I don't mind either because it has butter on it so it can only add a hint of calories:)



We are going tomorrow to get our holiday pictures and the coolest thing is that it is a studio right by our house and we explained how Jonathan can't be around other children due to his premature arrival and they were willing to let us come in at 845am before they even open, I thought that was really cool.

Jonathan is still very cranky especially at night he just screams and screams last night(12am) Justin was up for 2 hours just trying to console him! I have been so stressed I actually ended up in the hospital myself last week I was only there for the day but was taken by ems from home because I was having strange twitching almost like seizures, the docs said it was stress related muscle spams where my whole body just shook uncontrollably (like seizures) to say the least I scared everyone to death. I am o.k but realize I cant do everything myself, I just don't know what to do about his crying I am in no way kidding when I say he cries a lot Justin and I counted the last couple days and Jonathan crys about 8 to 10 hours a day (intermittently) and not one doctor is concerned!

Jonathan goes to get another ABR hearing test thursday because we think his hearing has improved and they need to do one to possibly fit him for hearing aides if he needs them or if his hearing is at a stand still the possibility of cochlear implants down the road, hopefully not the latter.

I can't believe Jonathan will be one in a couple weeks hard to believe, GOD obviously has a plan for him!!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Great blog! I hope you'll consider adding it to the aggregator at Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com) -- we'd love to have you as part of our community!

Anonymous said...

Hello Shigley Family.

My boys were pod mates with Jonathan in Pod F. I am glad to see that he is doing so well. He is absolutely beautiful!