Monday, December 7, 2009

Leah is a month old!


Holy cow where does time go? Leah was a month old on the 4th! She is 7lbs 5ozs which is a lot considering she was 5.4lbs when she was born than came home at 5lbs so in a matter of 3 weeks she has managed to gain over 2lbs. I know I am crazy but I called the doctor to see if she was gaining to fast her response was first she laughed then she said its nearly impossible to overfeed a breastfed baby my response was but at night (and after every feed I pump because she doesn't empty my breast) my husband feeds her 120ml bottle(4oz) again she laughed and said there is only a handful of her parents that would even know what 120mls are she told me "Leah is a typical baby she is doing fine" now when I heard these words all I could think about is Jonathans NI nurse Kim, this was a typical response from her "everything will be fine" and it usually is, I must be a very paranoid parent but who can blame me! I spent 5 months in a hospital that is NOT normal! SO I must say Leah is doing everything a "typical" baby should. She is starting to get her days and nights in order which is very nice! She is so alert and looks around to find the face that is talking to her.
She did manage to get a blocked tear duct but so did Jonathan, a very easy thing to treat! We still have not ventured out so most of my family have not even met our little princess. We do go on car rides and she, like her brother love car rides!

2 comments:

The Buckley Family said...

I can't believe it's been a month already! She looks great!!

23 weekers said...

Wow, hard to believe. What a little cutie!