Monday, May 31, 2010

Were Home!

Our group
Jonathans pal Ben, Jonathan loved this boy, he was a pretty cool kid!!

Where the heck did time go, its almost June!!
We finished our last 20 dives and it went great. Jonathans muscles are looser and he now says papa! So far he can say, hi, I love you, bubbles, five,and papa a very random mix except papa he loves saying that! I was skeptical about HBOT (hyper baric oxygen treatment) and how it would work with Jonathan and if it would even work. To tell the truth I was scared to death after his first 2 dives and thought we were going to pack up and leave because he had a blue spell, I was scared to death! I talked with my new friend Jen (we have known of each other via web for the last almost 3 years when we were both preggos with our boys)and she said to stick it out and she would pray, well thats it we stayed we seen results and I am so happy we stuck it out! We didn't really see great improvements until the second half. He was always happy EVERY day never mad, never had super stiff muscles, and is using his left arm so much more! I'd like to use someone else's quote because a lot of people can't believe what oxygen can do for you. "Sometimes GOD thinks outside the box"! So I am a believer of o2 therapy, so much that we may go back in September! Jen and I
We met some really great people, and actually Jen and her family will meet up with us in August for some whitewater rafting, I can't wait!
Here is a couple shots of the trails we took while in N.C, they were on the very tip of the mountain!














On our way home we stopped in Kentucky, Cumberland Falls area and took both kids horseback riding I wasn't nervous at all until I actually was on the horse then I told the guide to keep the money and we would go back! He said y'all will be fine don't worry so I continued the ride with Leah and my dad with Jonathan, I wasn't at all calm until I seen the barn again on our way back, WHAT WAS I THINKING! It went fine both kids LOVED it but my crazy mind kept thinking what if, and that in itself is scary! Then we went back to the hotel to find a tick on my belly, YUCK, GROSS and FREAKY!! I was trying to stay calm but I was screaming inside! The receptionist was kind enough to come down and gradually pull the ugly little rodent out of me, ugh! I couldn't sleep a wink I kept looking at the kids checking them out, threw out all the clothes we wore that day and bought new shoes, I was freaked! We headed home the next morning and we were out of the hotel at 1030am a first because we never get out before noon I think not sleeping and the thought of ticks being all around me had something to do with it!
So we are home now and Jonathan is doing great but me trying to get back in the swing of things is hard! Just a couple weeks and we are going on a family vacation with our friends!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

lol You finally got on a horse with the kiddoes! I would have never thought you'd be nervous considering how much you wanted to go when we were there. The receptionist pulled it off? You are too funny, girlie! Miss ya'll. Give Leah squeezes from me. =)