Thursday, June 25, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

For Jonathan that is! Jonathan has had a very busy two weeks to say the least. My parents have really been helping out and now I can't pick him up for the remainder of the pregnancy which has proven to be very difficult but once he see's grandma or grandpa he is a happy dude knowing he is going to be picked up. Well my parents have taken him to a fair that was in hamburg which is basically down the street, Jonathan rode a camel with my brother and then held a baby alligator with grandpa and my brother. I was a little freaked out when I saw the pictures and it looked to me Jonathan was a bit confused about the alligator (they do rubber band the mouth shut) but he had fun. We have gone to two graduation parties and he loves people so him getting shuffled around was a blast, he loves ice cream and I love giving it to him, my brother thought it would be great to give him cotton candy in which Jonathan thought it was the most disgusting thing out there and spit it out while giving my brother the are you crazy giving me that, look! Then it was off to downtown Detroit for a walk by the river, and going to Detroit institute of arts. Then yesterday was the big international fireworks on the Detroit river so my parents took him to Canada for the festival which they didn't stay long due to the weather being 98 degrees but they went into their hotel room which was facing the river and he stayed there splashing in the pool till firework time then went to watch them but Jonathan had already fell asleep! So for the last two weeks Jonathan has been sleeping really good my parents really are wearing him out and he LOVES it he does not like being home unless he can go swimming outside then he is a happy camper! I believe today they are going to the zoo I will have to give them my camera so I can get some picture because they haven't taken any!! Then in August my parents are taking Jonathan for a week to Orlando my favorite place in the world!

I did get my cerclage done this past tuesday the actual stitching didn't hurt I talked with the anesthesiologist the whole time about Jonathan its funny how many people don't realize the extent of cp, I say my son has cp and its oh I'm sorry and they think he is just sitting in some wheelchair left alone and is totally handicapped. Yes he does have handicaps but he is the happiest dude around very responsive and loves to watch Blues Clues! Then what really gets them is when I tell them he rides a horse for therapy I usually get some weird looks then of course I have to say there is a therapist that rides with him but just in 3 sessions Jonathans legs are so lose I hate missing this week but I have to take it easy until friday then I can start doing things as normal except I can't pick Jonathan up! I was in pain yesterday I could hardly walk and had some minor cramping, today I am feeling better no cramping and I am going to do a little more walking, some retail therapy sounds good for me! So as long as I'm up to it we are leaving tomorrow to go to Ludington on lake Michigan so the boys can go fishing and I can relax it should be a nice weekend up there too! Then the following week is the 4th our annual party which I am so not ready for, Justin is we have both our jetskis working and Justin just bought another tube that you stand up on which I would have loved to ride however I will have to wait till next year and I am missing wakeboarding too, I'm not the best but I love it! We have lots of fireworks its nice we have a pyrotechnic in the family so we will all be on the boats while the fireworks go off, we are a pretty competitive family so everyone on the lake trys (I said trys) to out beat us it hasn't happened so far but we'll see!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Hi! I came over from Melanie's site. You are like the millionth person to rave about hippotherapy--I feel like the Universe is telling me something! Jonathan is adorable and I'm sure he'll make an awesome big brother!!!!