Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Higgins Lake Camping Trip!





What a great time we had! The weather was o.k, friday was very nice, saturday was cold and then it rained that night into sunday! All in all it was fine. We went with our friends the Buckleys they have triplets (26 weekers)close in age with Jonathan and one of their daughters has CP. What a blast it was to watch Jonathan just take everything in, I really thought he would pay attention to Annabel their daughter that has cp but I was wrong he watched Madeline and their son Johnathan but I really think he was watching Maddy closest! Maddy was saying "hi" a lot this weekend and it was so cool because our Jonathan tried mimicking her and when Maddy and Johnathan were walking around my boy wanted to follow them I would put him on his feet and he would just smile and try to walk with them (with help of course)! Jonathan did "play" with Annabel they were on the floor and we all have the same early on therapist so when our Jonathan got one of Annabels toys she used to have she seen it and wanted to play with it! Our jonathan is not so mobile but when he seen her playing with it he would take his foot and try to move her away from it, I guess I need to teach him to share however Annabel is a lot more mobile than Jonathan so she just moved out of his way and continued to play, very cute!

Another funny thing is Justin and I had ribs about two weeks ago and he insists on boiling first then putting it on the grill, well I told him I was reading that you should just put them on the grill and slowly cook it because boiling takes some flavor away. Yea right my husband listen no way his manly way is the only way to cook it, well get this! BJ (Jamies husband) was going to cook ribs for us slowly on the camp fire so no boiling! Justin was in love and so was I, I don't think I heard my husband say thank you so much for food! They were super tender and tasted great, thanks BJ there was no way Justin would have ever listened to me!

We also had smores, which I couldn't eat to many(will explain in a later post) but the two I did have were excellent
We let Jonathan sleep in his own bed and he loved it and did great! We went on a couple stroller walks that were really nice,Jamie had our Jonathan cracking up she played peek a boo with him while he was in the stroller he actually always smiled at her when she smiled at him, he so cute! We watched the red wing game outside next to the camp fire and had many people come and ask us the score, it was a lot of fun and can't wait to go again with them!

No comments: