Thursday, June 18, 2009

No cerclage yet! But I do have gestational diabetes, ugh!

So my cerclage was cancelled after 7 pokes of trying to get an i.v started and 4 additional shots of lidocaine! There was an emergency C-section that took a lot longer than planned so I could have continued to wait (we were already there from 10am till about 5pm) and starve or I could go home and eat. So we went home not before stopping at my favorite sub shop Dibellas oh I love that place!

I also have g.diabetes and this for me is probably the hardest thing in the world to control! I love I mean LOVE pasta, chips, bread oh I am getting hungry just thinking of these things! So to say this is a hard thing to control is an understatement but I am with 4 shots a day of insulin! I really don't fit the profile of g. diabetes says the doctors I'm 5'7 140 lbs (remember I'm pregnant) and interesting enough I did not have it with the boys I was however a beautiful 123 lbs and gained to 140 when I delivered them so the docs are thinking maybe its weight but I am not by far obese so I can't believe its because I gained 20 some pounds but another guess is I will have diabetes even after I give birth (to a 38 weeker of course)
Do you realize I am probably ice creams biggest fan and do you realize its summer and ice cream and summer go together! So I am allowed a little just can't go to extreme it is so hard when your pregnant and craving ice cream ughhhhhh! But I am doing this and I am doing this for my growing beautiful baby inside but its still hard! So I am still getting the cerclage this coming tuesday and July 9th we find out what our beautiful baby will be!

No comments: