Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Leah is 2 months old




This post is a little late, Leah turned 2 months old on the 4th. She is doing great. We went to the peds and she said "she's perfect, she is feisty and strong" holding her head way up off the table and looking in both directions, she is holding her thumb in her mouth for a couple seconds then she loses it! Her weight is excellent 10lbs 2 oz and 21 3/4th length. For her corrected age (she was 5 weeks premature) of 1 month she is in the 75th% for weight and height and for her actual age of 2 months she is in the 25th% for weight and height. So when she came home she was eating about 24 to 25 ounces now she is eating about 18 to 20 its hard to tell when your breast feeding but daddy feeds a couple bottles and we weigh her weekly so she was gaining 1.5 ounces a day now she is at .5 oz a day totally normal. She smiles ans giggles most of the giggles are at night, she is no longer having colic she outgrew it about a week ago (thank you dear God). She is sleeping very well from about 9pm to 8 or 9 am with a little shot of b.milk around 1am but she goes right back to sleep so I can't complain. She is officially out of newborn clothes and into 3 months. She LOVES her brother will give multiple smiles to him and Jonathan loves when I ask him "can you watch sissy for me" and I put Leah down next to him and he tries to hold her hand and smiles at her, it makes my day! Leah also has lots of attitude which I love, its funny because my friend Jamies daughter Maddy has lots of spunk and I always said I can't wait for that, well I got it! Leah loves her pacifier an if you take it out you better have earplugs she'll let you know how she feels well for almost everything! The other night for example she was laying on me and I adjusted her ever so slightly and she screamed and hollered till she got back in the exact location she wanted, my mother looks at me and says without hesitation looks like a Laura jr., thanks mom! Well I have no complaints from the Shigley family everything is going great!

3 comments:

23 weekers said...

Too cute!

You are more then welcome to stay at our house if you come to Kansas! We don't get out much.

We are taking a vacation in March - going somewhere a little warmer. We're headed to Cancun March 22nd-28th. You're welcome to join us there, too.

We'll be in Troy March 23rd. The kids appt(s) will be on March 24th.

The Buckley Family said...

What an adorable video! I'm so happy things are going so well and I love Leah's "spunk"!!

23 weekers said...

I wish we lived closer, too. I haven't really met anyone in Wichita with special needs children. I did have a mom approach me recently, but her child is autistic - it's still a disability, but not quite the same. However, she has a lot of the same struggles and stresses on a daily basis, so she can relate for sure. We're going to try to get together.