Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Vaccinations!

Hope everyone is enjoying the new year! I have wanted to write on this topic for awhile and now that we have Leah I believe now is the best time.

Vaccination, to do, not to do, do it on a alternate schedule you as the parent are hit with many decisions and this is by far one of the greatest. We vaccinated Jonathan because we thought we were doing the right thing, doctors know best right? WRONG! My first clue of stopping Jonathans vaccinations should have been on April 22 2008. Jonathan was 5 months old but he was born 15 weeks premature he had the body and immune system of a 1 month old (his due date was March 3). My mother in law went with me to Jonathans Dr. appointment and I remember this appointment like yesterday. We walked in and the nurse said o.k its time for Jonathans Rotavirus vaccine(RotaTeq) a vaccine I now know is for diarrhea, dehydration, vomiting what the heck what was I thinking (a vaccine to stop the bodies natural way to gets rid of toxins) obviously I wasn't! Jonathan got the vaccine then immediately went blue we had to shake him to get to be responsive he came around and the nurse not worried at all and me a terrified mom that just got her baby out of the NICU on April 17th after 5 months crying holding Jonathan. The Dr. came in and said well he won't be getting that one anymore no crap shirlock! That vaccine has since been on the "watchlist" by the FDA because kids were becoming ill after it and the government warned doctors of potentially life-threatening twisting of the intestines in infants vaccinated against a virus that is the leading cause of early childhood diarrhea. The condition, called intussusception, is the same that led to the withdrawal of the first rotavirus vaccine eight years ago. UGH Obviously Jonathan has not had that drug since and to this day my little boy has constant stomach problems.

Jonathan got his last vaccination on June 25th 2008 which consisted of DTaP,Hep B,IPV and Pneumococcal conjugate. Watch this video: This video was taken in the morning just before his vaccinations that day then that evening after the vaccinations Jonathan developed a fever was a bit out of it a call to the peds office was in order only to hear this is normal after a vaccination he'll be fine tomorrow! I want to cry, I want to scream, I want to knock some sense into the nurse that told me he would be fine! Yea he was fine the next day but as time went on Jonathan stopped eating from a bottle starting getting really tight muscles started crying non stop for 3 months (20 hours a day), I'll take Leahs colic any day!!!))Later to discover my baby has spastic quadriplegia cerebral palsy, my 2 year old can no longer hit his toys with ease, it now takes 2 people to feed him(he now has a g tube)cannot have a bowel movement without pain or castrol oil being administered!!! Why I ask myself did I take a video that morning of all mornings?!


Why do you get your kid vaccinated? Just read some of these facts then answer that question!
Childhood Immunization Schedule. It calls for one vaccine, against hepatitis B, on the day of birth; 7 vaccines at two months; 6 more at four months, as many as 8 vaccines on the six month well-baby visit. Before a child reaches the age of two he or she will have received 32 vaccinations on this schedule. Seven vaccines injected into a 13 lb. two-month old infant are equivalent to 70 doses in a 130 lb. adult.

The schedule states, "Your child can safely receive all vaccines recommended for a particular age during one visit." Public health officials, however, have not proven that it is indeed safe to inject this many vaccines into infants. What's more, they cannot explain why, concurrent with an increasing number of vaccinations, there has been an explosion of neurologic and immune system disorders in our nation’s children.

Fifty years ago, when the immunization schedule contained only four vaccines (for diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and smallpox), autism was virtually unknown. Today, one in every 68 American families has an autistic child. Other, less severe developmental disorders, rarely seen before the vaccine era, have also reached epidemic proportions. Four million American children have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. One in six American children are now classified as having a learning Disability.

Our children are also experiencing an epidemic of autoimmune disorders – Type I diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, and bowel disorders. There has been a 17-fold increase in Type I diabetes, from 1 in 7,100 children in the 1950s to 1 in 400 now. Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis afflicts 300,000 American children. Twenty-five years ago this disease was so rare that public health officials did not keep any statistics on it. There has been a 4-fold increase in asthma, and bowel disorders in children are much more common now than they were 50 years ago.

To put to rest concerns that MMR vaccination might cause autism (in a small percentage of children), the New England Journal of Medicine, in 2002, published a population-based study from Denmark, where its authors concluded, "This study provides strong evidence against the hypothesis that MMR vaccination causes autism." The NEJM did not disclose that the "Statens Serum Institut," where three of the authors work, is a for-profit vaccine manufacturer, Denmark’s largest, or that four other authors have financial ties to this company. Only one of the eight authors is not associated with this institute, and the CDC employs him. The study compares the prevalence of autism in 440,000 MMR vaccinated and 97,000 unvaccinated children in Denmark born in the 1990s. A statistical slight-of-hand in age adjustment makes the study show no causal effect; but when unmasked and reformatted, the data actually shows a statistically significant association between MMR vaccine and autism (as Carol Stott and her coauthors make clear in "MMR and Autism in Perspective: the Denmark Story," in the Fall 2004 Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons

Here is a picture of Jonathans vaccinations he received.



This is a website I really like and encourage you to go to and think about that lingering question, should I vaccinate my child?!http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/vaccine.htm

Now because we live in a sue happy world I must post this:
Any information obtained here is not to be construed as medical or legal advice. The decision to vaccinate and how you implement that decision is yours and yours alone.

4 comments:

23 weekers said...

Those darn shots worry me all of the time. Not to mention sedation. I met a lady (online) that took her son in for a minor in/out surgery. They couldn't wake him up after surgery. Finally, they woke him up and now he is autistic. He is non-verbal. Prior to surgery, he already had several words. Those words are gone. He is now over age 5 and still no words.

Thanks for the website. I thought it looked familiar. It's the exact website that we received from the lady that came out and evaluated carver for AT. I wanted to share a switch with you that we're getting. This switch can be hooked up to the computer as a converter and a switch - so, 2 in 1. Normally, you need a converter and a switch. This gives you both. It has a USB cable, so you can connect it to the Computer. www.ACClinc.com 1-800-982-2248 has these. It's called a USB Switch Click #25000 $135.00. You might see if it will work with your computer. Check it out. I haven't visited their website, I have the catalog. If you can't see it online, ask them to send you their catalog.

23 weekers said...

Laura,

I forgot to mention this in my last post. We give Carver 1/4 cap of Miralax a day in one of his bottles. It takes about 3 days to start kicking in, but he has regular bowel movements, now. Before the Miralax, it was horrible! He screamed when he went to the bathroom and he had the BIGGEST stools and they were like rocks. I wasn't even sure how they came out of him. We don't have that problem anymore. However, it is a daily thing - the miralax. He also eats better when he's regular, and his stomach doesn't hurt all of the time. Miralax isn't a drug that is addictive, so no worries later. I wasn't sure if you had tried this yet, but we've had great success with it. You can buy it just about anywhere - Target, Walmart, the grocery store...

Anonymous said...

Hi I have been reading your blog for about a year but have never commented. Your kids are beautiful I love that you are always trying to get the best therapy or looking for the best way to improve your sons life! I have CP its mild but I know I wouldn't be were I am today if it weren't for my parents. Keep up the good work your a good mom and your son will appreciate it some day, I know I do!

RGsMom said...

Wow, I am so sorry and thank you for sharing your story! Someone posted it on a friends facebook page and I shared it on mine - I hope that's okay! We don't vaccinate and I know many disagree with our choices, but the effects they can have are so real and sad.

Your little boy is such a miracle and just an adorable little boy! Congratulations also on your daughter Leah! She's beautiful! God Bless you and your family!