Saturday, January 2, 2010

So spoiled and rightfully so!


I don't have to buy any clothes till this summer for my two kiddos and toys forget it I think Jonathan had his own toys r us in the living room! It was a great Christmas I was nervous about taking Leah anywhere because of flu season but we did venture out and got to visit with family and friends and I am happy to report both kids are healthy! Both kids are doing great, Jonathan is eating more he ate a little chicken some bread and he can now finish a mini ice cream sandwich! Leah oh Leah she is another story, she has colic so crying she does! She cries and I am the ONLY one that can console her! Justin will hold her she'll calm down for a minute but then let out a wail that really sounds like someone is torturing her and then I come to the rescue and she usually calms right down! I must admit I loved it but now I would like it if she let her daddy hold her too! Oh well this is "normal" right and I wouldn't trade it for a thing! Jonathan thinks its hilarious when sissy is screaming he is now trying to mimic her its cute. When I put them down together he usually rubs her head and she stares at him and smiles. One of Jonathans presents he got was a leap frog piano thing, its great! It is very loud and it lights up plays music and has a woof woof that he can hit and it makes a doggie woof sound so of course he loves it and so do I for now like I said its loud it has a lower volume switch but that is louder than most toys are! I am going to try an upload a video of him playing with it. I am very proud of this video because Jonathan now understands most everything we ask him to "do" if we want him to hit something, grab something, roll, walk, kick etc we ask him "Jonathan do" and he will either smile or do it (hit or grab something)!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a great start to a happy New Year!

4 comments:

The Buckley Family said...

I just loved watching that video Laura! You could tell he was thinking about everything you were saying and very purposely making his movements! And he was trying to form the sounds you were making too! It is so great seeing him so happy and so proud of himself! Way to go Jonathan!!!

I'm so excited for what 2010 will bring for our families!

Ellen Seidman said...

Hey, Jenn. It is good to meet you and Jonathan, who is very adorable and clearly very wise!!! I was impressed by this, and psyched to see him making that reach. I know just how awesome accomplishments like that are; Jonathan reminds me of Max at that age. He has that brightness in his eyes that says all the lights are on inside.

Happy, happy New Year to you two and your family!

ParkerMama said...

So sweet to be able to 'meet' you and your beautiful little family.

Keep up the good work, Jonathan!

Tammy and Parker
www.prayingforparker.com
@ParkerMama on Twitter

23 weekers said...

How exciting. You could really see him trying to put his mouth together to woof woof! We would love to see you while we're in MI. We're arrive Tuesday 2/23 evening - early evening. The kids are scheduled for Surgery on Wednesday 2/24. We'll be staying at our usual location - Candlewood Suites in Troy.