Monday, March 29, 2010

Our family trip to the smokies 2010!



Ah its nice to be home. Our trip was just awesome, the kids were great the weather was o.k and the places we seen were beautiful! Our first stop was in Kentucky, Cumberland Falls I have been going there since I was a kid. My parents took my bro and I for about 7 years straight.
We did some hiking which I know I had to have lost some weight because when you walk its not straight path its what they classified as mildly strenuous and yea they were right I am so out of shape!
Anyway we seen the falls did the hiking then left the next morning oh by the way the very first campground was a last minute idea, my all powerful husband thought we could make it without stopping and the kids would be fine and even though I told him we just went to florida and I know the kids will not make it that far he insisted well the kiddos won! The point this campground was so in the boonies we were the only family NOT living there and the next morning they had freakin roosters cock a doing at 430am not cool! So back to us leaving cumberland we headed to cleveland tn to my aunts house and we stayed there for 2 nights and went to chatanooga and seen Ruby falls in the caverns Leah did not know what to think as you see in her picture she was a bit freaked with the darkness, Jonathan being ALL boy loved it and was so happy!

Jonathan inside the camper

Grams and papa taking the kids for a walk


Then it was off to Gatlinburg tn to sum up our time there I am ready to move in a second! It was so beautiful we did some hiking, rode a sky tram (in which Leah let out the most horrific scream and scared everybody on the tram this guy with the most southern accent you can imagine said"I really thought something seriously terrible happened"!) into the mountains and there were people sking up there and when we left the ground it was a nice 65 degrees, crazy! We ate at almost every bbq place my hubbys idea not mine I am a bit sick of bbq. We went to Ripleys believe it or not museum, aquarium, house of mirrors and did as ski lift I did not enjoy that just a flimsy bar holding you all the way into the mountains!

We drove to the peak of the mountain again it was about 70 that day and when we got up there it was a30 degrees and ice all over the trees. Our last day we went to Dollyworld for opening day what a blast the shows were phenominal Jonathan loved all the dancing, music and lights and Leah was quiet a very rare thing for her these days! We did see Dolly Parton too!
We bought the greatest fudge in the world, snickers and yea so much for that hiking we did! Jonathan got to go on this dinosoar ride sitting on daddys lap and it was pitch black in the begining so I was a little scared but I don't know why cause he did great and of course loved it! This was by far our greatest family trip yet! Did I mention I want to move

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like a great trip!! I have not been to Gatlinburg in years... I would love to go back:)

The Buckley Family said...

Looks like a great trip! We will have to check out some of those places someday, I've never been to any of them. Love the pic of Justin and Jonathan sitting on the rock. : ) And Leah's eyes in the caves were priceless!!