Friday, August 7, 2009

He's eating!!

Jonathan did great with the pudding and graham crackers he ate it with no problems at some points he would get a peice of cracker and look at us as to what do I do with this but Stephanie just gave him more pudding and down it went. Yesterday I was eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with chicken noodle soup and Jonathan was on my lap and of course watched every bite I took I know your supposed to wait till 2 till you give kiddos peanut butter but I tried it anyway, he loved it and had probably a good teaspoon worth then I thought I would try a noodle, I had to work up enough guts to try it cause I don't want him to gag. So I tried a little bite and he immidiatly brought it out with his tongue which is great he didn't gag he knew it was something different but then brought it back in his mouth and CHEWED! No gagging no spit up he did chew it for some while so it was pretty mushy but oh well he did it. I didn't want to press my luck so thats all I tried we'll try again another day. We learned he loves blueberries mashed up really good and sprinkle a little sugar and he thought he was in heaven. I continue to make him high cal smoothies and he has now tried apricots, blueberries, mango and kiwi and seems to like them. Still the majority of his calories goes through his tubie tube but he is doing ten times better then 2 months ago!

Baby Leah is growing she now weighs 1lb 1oz at 22weeks she is in the 55-60 percentage we had a fetal heart echo due to the gestational diabetes actually there is an increase of birth defects with this however her little heart looked beautiful and there is no signs of any defects and surprisingly they did not want a follow up the nurse practitioner said 90% of cases get a follow up just in case. So little Leah is doing good she now kicks frequently and gets hiccups often. Only another 15 weeks yipee!!!

2 comments:

23 weekers said...

Way to go Jonathan! And, way to go Mom - 15 more weeks!

Sounds like everyone is doing good. Jonathan is making such great progress.

Hua said...

Hi Laura,

Great to hear Jonathan did well with all the food. I wish you well with the next 15 weeks as well. Such an exciting time!
I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

Best,
Hua