Sunday, August 30, 2009

What is a mom to do????

O.K I am BORED! Jonathan has been gone since Wendnesday afternoon and actually I was good about him going to Florida with grandma, grandpa and uncle Matt the airport was very nice about letting Justin and I walk to the departing gate to see them all off(after 9/11 they only let you go up to security and you have to say your goodbyes there) it was around Jonathans nap time so I put him to sleep in my arms but then when it was time to board the plane and I had to hand him over I started feeling my eyes swell then of course tears. Now I know his grandparents know exactly what to do, plus after going over everything about 100 times I was not worried about that but this was our first time away from him more than just over night! The gate attendant was really nice he tried pursuading me to buy a ticket and go but I am just way nervous about flying and being pregnant and the what ifs... plus since disney is my favorite spot it wouldnt take much pursuading otherwise! So I gave my baby another kiss and off they went. They had to call as soon as they landed so my stomach would no longer be in knots thank heavens its only a 2 hour plane ride! They got there safe and sound Jonathan slept the whole way except when they were landing he woke cause of the bumps. Of course I call everymorning and every evening to talk to him and see what there doing and how his feedings are going. Friday my mom said he had so much head control that she has never seen it that good. They are definitly spoiling him holding him everywhere and not letting him stay in his stroller (they tell me with it being 90 to 100 degrees he doesnt like the stroller) he's loving ice cream and he loves shamu the whale at Sea World, they went to the ocean and he loved trying to jump the waves with grandpas help, he liked the water park except for his face getting wet and he is pretty much pooped by the evening he has been sleeping good and eating fine so I am happy but definitly missing him. On the other hand justin and I have gone out to dinner almost everynght enjoying stillwater for his birthday! We went camping and slept till 10am which felt awesome! I think I will be a little productive today and tidy up Jonathans room and put away summer clothes and start getting fall and winter clothes out we went shopping (retail therapy is the best therapy) and bought some cute outfits and tomorrow I am going out with some friends and going to lunch and then clean house some more then tuesday evening I go and pick up my sweet boy!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey Laura,

I got your comment on the blog. I never know if I should answer comments in my comments or go to the other person's blog. So confusing!

Fletcher has mixed tone. He is loose at times and at others... when he is mad, or really trying to move, he tightens up.

I haven't seen a whole lot of improvement that I would credit to the stem cells, but I kind of expected that. A couple subtle things, but nothing major. It was the right thing for us to do, but I am not sure I would recommend it to others quite yet. I just know if I hadn't tried it the "what ifs" would haunt me for the rest of my life. I will do a post about it, but having a hard time finding the time.

Our baby girl is awesome. A really low-maintenance laid-back little one. Hoping your little girl gets the same demeanor. It is a nice break compared to their high-maintenance (but oh so sweet) big brothers!!