Monday, November 9, 2009

LEAH MARIE


Leah Marie has arrived, 5 weeks early!
She was born at 35.1 weeks. Justin and I were aware that it was possible going to happen wednesday when I went for my nst tuesday. Leah looked great on the nst however I was requiring very little insulin to no insulin at all the last couple days. The doctors discussed that this was a sign the placenta could possible "shut down" in a couple days in which we would of had a stillbirth, very scary!!! So we went back for another nst on wednesday and the day before needed no insulin(my insulin requirements were 4 shots a day for a total of almost 200units, a lot) so that happened at 9am and we were sent down to labor and deliver to get prepared.I was very nervous but knew we made it a lot longer than 25 weeks and knew GOD was in complete control. At 341 pm little Miss Leah was born weighing at 5lbs 4ounces and crying on top of her lungs, only a micro mom would understand why I was crying and laughing at the same time it was music to our ears! She was 18 inches long and required NO NICU time we all came home this last saturday and will update more but for now this will do, I'm tired and its hectic around here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations...what a beauty! What a blessing!

Erin said...

Congratulations, mom and welcome Baby Leah!!