Monday, November 23, 2009

My big 2 year old!


Seriously where does time go? My little man turned 2 years old yesterday and even though we didn't have a great big party we had fun. Jonathan is doing better he isn't 100% but hes 90% back to his norms. We are getting another blood draw today to check his liver it has been questionable the last two times so please pray everything turns out o.k today!
Jonathan LOVES to be out so we went for a drive stopped and got a frosty from Wendys, he loves these things! We went home and just celebrated the 6 of us, my dad and brother we're there too!
Its been trying the last couple weeks with a newborn and on top of that having Jonathan cry and not know what is wrong, so to say I am happy he is almost back to norm is an understatement! I really want to get him back in his pony walker but he is having nothing to do with it, oh well I have to give him time to get back in the groove of things. He really is not enjoying Leah, a lot of sibling rivalry! Whenever he sees me holding her he cries, if she cries he starts crying, he stares at her and wont even smile. He wants me all to himself which in a way makes me sad I want him to like Leah and I know its going to take time but its heartbreaking when I pick her up and he gives me those puppy dog eyes and tears are streaming down his face, he doesn't know why he is not getting 110% of my attention anymore. I have talked with a few micro preemie moms that have had a special needs child then another baby and said the transition was anywhere between 4 and 10 weeks till the older one got used to the idea of another sibling.
Even though its been two years I still miss my other little boy Preston he only lived a short while but I think of him everyday, I imagine what it would be like today with 2 toddlers running around and driving me crazy! I really wish I could have kept them in longer, I wish I could of kept them safe like Leah. I miss you and love you Preston and can't wait for the day we all meet again!
Jonathan, we love you and you are doing awesome with everything you are a very determined little boy, you set out and do things doctors said you wouldn't be able to do. You amaze us, you bring us so much joy your the love of our lives and can't wait to see what this coming year brings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love those eyes!!!!

2 comments:

abby said...

Jonathan may be too young for this, but can you involve him in Leah's care at all? Even just fetching a diaper for her, or handing you a wipe, or something of that nature? Hallie really grooved on helping Sharon get her pumping supplies together. The other thing we did with Hallie was had her count out Lea's ten little piggies (that's my current blog pic these days). She loves having her own piggies tickled, so she was very into tickling Lea's and singing the piggie song. And we made sure that we had Hallie hold Lea very early on. The age difference, though, may make all of these things a bit rough.

Oh, and yeah, when Hallie is being needy, she will start to cry when Lea cries and will often 'pretend to be Lea' (her words) by getting into the swing that she is way overweight for, or the exersaucer. And any time Lea is on mommy's lap, especially if she is nursing, Hallie needs to climb up onto Sharon too and hold her bottle and drink it.

Anyway, hang in there. Transitions are rough, especially for medically fragile kids who have more or less been the center of attention (beyond that of an average kid, I think) for so long.

23 weekers said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan!! It is so amazing how time goes by so fast.

I'm glad to hear that Jonathan is doing better.

Get some sleep.

Shanon