Friday, January 4, 2008

Off C-pap at 800pm

January 3
Jonathan was on Cpap today until 800pm. He did great, he had a couple apnea spells while Justin and I were there that were completely scary he turned blue and the last one he just didn't want to take a breathe so they had to bag him. The nurse was trying to stimulate him by flicking his foot rubbing his leg, arm even back at one point i think she was being to rough with him! So when we left at 630pm I told Justin that the last episode he was just so tired and that I believe he will be back on the vent tonight, sure enough when I called at 830pm the doctor talked with me and told me he reintubated Jonathan and he is very tired. The doctor seen him desating and going back up and I told him this is just the way he is he told me that if this continues he might have to start him on antibiotics! I was mortified, my baby is NOT sick! I cry ed for 2 hours until I called the nurse back and explained to her what I explain to all new nurses, she said the doctor has not started antibiotics but he wants to do a CBC (complete blood count) and if his white blood cells are high than more than likely they would start anti. She told me to call back in about an hour. For the next hour I just prayed that Jonathan's white count would be normal. When I called back the nurse informed me his white count was normal and they are not going to start any antibiotics! PRAISE GOD!!! So I will call in the morning when his favorite nurse is there and see how he's doing.

No comments: