Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Still on C-pap

Jonathan is still on c-pap as of 9pm. That's 36 hours!!! When I seen him today the nurse informed me he did have an apnea spell just before I got there at 10am she said not to worry because it was around feedings however it did happen. He looks great, he's breathing good and he is still eating well. I went to the cafeteria for some food and when I got back I was informed again he had another spell of apnea. Well I asked the nurse if I could hold him and she said o.k but he might not do to good but we can try. My boy did awesome he was between 90 and 100 on his oxygen saturation, he was awake for 1/2 the time and i just couldn't stop looking at him everything about him is perfect, I mean really perfect yes he is small but everything is in the right place, has the right amount of everything he is just perfect!! He made a couple of sounds and I cryed this was the first time I heard him make any noise.Then I heard noise from his tushy and I thought great my boy is going number 2 I guess we will see when he goes back in the isollette! The nurse practitioner came in and was just amazed at how alert he was and how good he was tolerating the machine. So his nurse put him back in his isolate after 2 hours of me holding him, my arm was numb since I kept it in the same position the whole time. Yes Jonathan went number 2 filled his whole diaper up the nurse said if he keeps that up he will have to go to a bigger diaper (he he)! I left the hospital around 630pm and he was still doing great. I called the nurse at 8p.m and he is still doing good. Thank you for all the continued prayers I know they are being answered!!!

No comments: