Thursday, January 17, 2008

still on cpap

January 16th
Justin and I arrived later than usual today, jonathan had to be bagged once but is doing better the doctors were waiting till we arrived to tell us they needed to move jonathan because they needed to paint the entire wing he was in, I was a bit upset because they would need to take him out of his isollette into another isollette and back into his isollette! They reassured me he would do fine with the transport. Well when I got back to his new room he seemed to be doing o.k but 5 mins later he was desatting and required bagging he came back after about 3 or 4 breathes. Then about 30 mins later he had a horrible episode of bradicardia his heart rate was in the 50's and he wasn't breathing he was clearly upset and I was horrified, upset and extremely mad! The nurse made us leave which made me even madder. I knew he couldn't tolerate the transport but the room had to be painted, that was so important! This poor little guy is just not getting a fair chance at cpap. They are not going to reintubate him however they will keep close eye on his oxygen rate. I called at about 330 am and he is doing great!

No comments: