Monday, December 10, 2007

Day 18

Jonathan had his ultrasound today of both his head and heart. His head is great no brain bleeds, thank God! His PDA did not close, he will need surgery. The surgery will be on wednesday, it takes about 20 mins for the doctors to do the procedure but from when they start to administer his anastesia to cleaning him off and getting him comfortable on some pain medication it will be about 2 hours till we can see him. The doctors say it will be about a week and a half till Jonathan is back to himself. This is so hard to deal with he's our little boy and don't want him to go thru any pain let alone a surgery. I know that God is and will be there with him and he will see Jonathan thru this. I guess I never realized how much you don't want your child to go through pain and you would do anything to take it away, oh how I love this boy of mine!!!!!!!! On a better note I held Jonathan for about 2 hours it was much better than yesterday, he got cozy and so did I (I actually fell asleep). They put Jonathan back in his isollette and he was nice and toasty as the nurse said (remeber he can't maintain his body tempature) it is so amazing just what my body can do for him, if he is cold my body and only mine will warm him up!! Over all he had a great day today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura & Justin, Jonathan is so beautiful. Prayers are with you all for tomorrow. Keep us posted.
Aunt Sandy