Friday, December 28, 2007

My boy was clogged up!

Well Jonathan had to be bagged with oxygen twice last night. Justin and I got to the hospital this morning and they were bagging him again, I am so worried about him so I talked with a nurse practitioner and she said it doesn't look like he has an infection but they do know he has a big air leak aroung his tube however they don't want to put a bigger size in because then he would get swelling and some more damage to his lungs so we will just have to watch him! So they increased his BPM to 32. They increased his feedings to 14cc and he is doing great with that, actually they are really happy with his feedings he hasn't asperated but traces of milk and his output is great but he really needs to go number 2 because I think thats what might be his problem. So if they increase his feeding again tomorrow it is a possibility that they can remove his PICC line (an iv that goes into his arm up into a major artery near his heart) which would be great because that line can cause infection however that is were he gets supplemental feedings until he is on full breast milk, which will be tomorrow or the next day. I did get to hold him today not kangaroo but cradle the nurses had to bag him while he first got into my arms which was extremely nerve wrecking because it brought back memories of little Preston! Well after they got him situated and me to stop crying he did fine for an hour!!!!! We put him back in the isollette and guess what he pooped, I think I am starting to get a complex because the last time I held him he pooped, but this poop still had some myconiam (sp?) the really hard tar like stuff so that is probably why it took him awhile to go, the nurse was happy and so were we he seemed a little releived. An hour went by and my big boy went number 2 again this time I was checking his diaper and sure enough he had a lot (good job) well when he got cleaned up he seemed to be doing a little better so we will just have to wait and see!

No comments: